Clinical Research Coordinator
- Date Posted:
- Aug 31, 2021
Develops, implements, and coordinates research and administrative duties requiring analysis, and knowledge of specific study protocols under the direction of the principal investigators. Acts as the liaison with other departments, industry and national agencies in ensuring steps of research protocol are completed; includes patient contact for enrollment, treatment, and follow-up. Additionally, involves project management, outcome measurement, and assistance with publications and presentations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Administratively and clinically manage investigator initiated and sponsored studies
• Creates source documents that facilitate systematic, accurate, comprehensive data collection
• Management of grant applications and study budgets
• Monitor study activities to ensure compliance with protocols
• Assists in analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Report and document safety issues (e.g. adverse events);
• Participate in the preparation or review of documents exchanged with the institutional review board (IRB);
• Participate in protocol review or study procedures planning;
• Participate in conducting subject visits;
• Collect accurate, verifiable data, source documents, and essential documents;
• Prepare for and participate in sponsor audits and/or regulatory inspections, if applicable;
• Participate in the informed consent process.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a biological or health related science or equivalent
Desired Education: Master’s degree in biological or health related science highly desired
Related Field of Study: Biological Science Years of Experience: 2-4 years’ experience in hospital/clinical setting with physician contact
Education, Certification, Registration, License: Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA).
Equipment Operated: Telephone system at medical practice. Computer hardware/software for access to patient history and medical information databases.
Work Environment: Office setting, well lighted, good air quality.