In a continued effort to serve our patients during this difficult time, we offer telemedicine appointments. This service will allow patients to use their computer, tablet or smartphone for a virtual face to face appointment with their OFAC physician.
How do I schedule a telemedicine appointment?
Please contact us at 614-895-8747. Our Patient Service team will ask you a series of questions about your condition to ensure that a telemedicine visit is appropriate for your care needs.
Will I have to download an app or software?
No! The best part about OFAC telemedicine is there’s no need to download software or create an account. Once you’re scheduled, our team will provide you with a secure link and instructions on how to connect using a computer, tablet or phone with a camera and microphone.
Is my telemedicine session private?
Rest assured, your telemedicine session with OFAC is private and secure. Our telemedicine platform (Doxy.Me) adheres to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy requirements.
Will insurance cover my telemedicine appointment?
Before making your appointment, we encourage you to contact your insurance provider to confirm telemedicine benefits are part of your policy.
Telemedicine appointment tips:
- Ensure that you have a good internet connection
- Prior to your appointment, close all other apps or programs on your device. If using a computer, we recommend restarting it.
- Make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.
- Choose a well-lit and quiet area for your appointment.
- If using a phone or tablet, consider using a tripod or other stand for good camera position.
- Your physician will need to clearly see your affected lower leg, foot or ankle. He or she may ask you to walk a short distance or do a series of movements. Ensure that you are in a space with room to move.